I'm looking for input on what kind of antenna to use for several 440
MHz amateur repeaters.

Background:  Suburban area surrounding metropolitan city of about
700,000.  HAGL for antennas range from 260' to 320' on 400' and 500'
towers.  I'm looking to maximize mobile and portable input, even
possibly looking to use 1-5/8" heliax as I recently installed this size
hardline on my repeater and have been very satisfied with the results.

I've used the DB-408 antenna and am happy with it's performance, but am
wondering about significant difference in using a DB-420 for future
repeaters.  Also considering the RFS 1151 (Tessco # 435830) fiberglass
antenna.  It is tuned for 440-450 MHz and has 8dB gain, but I've heard
some say fiberglass is not the way to go for repeaters.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Derek