Motorola PAs use similar straps which are shaped like
an OMEGA symbol, so they're called omega straps. You
don't need much of a bend in them, just a slight
mound, perhaps 1/8 inch across. The flexible
solder-wick idea is easier to deal with; in a snap you
could also use some braid from a piece of RG174, but
make sure there's an untinned area in the middle
that's still flexible, otherwise it will just crack
and fail again. The boards don't move very much, but
if you use a flat piece of metal to bridge the gap,
that WILL either break apart or tear one side off the
solder.

The amount of material you use to span the gap could
be critical in some applications, so the shorter the
better, Of course, that conflicts with the idea of
having plenty of material to flex, so perhaps 1/16
inch or less might be advisable.

These straps are visible if you look carefully enough,
in the upper right corner, between the two screws, of
most of the photos in this article:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/ge/m2-uhf-pa-repair/m2-uhf-pa-repaired.html

Bob M.
======