I would recommend first using a spectrum analyser at the TX site to
make sure the TX is not generating the noise. If you see the noise at
the TX site, determine if internal to the TX or external. If the site
is clean proceed to the RX site.

At the RX site, check with a spectrum analyser to see if the noise
only exists when the TX is on; if true you most likely have intermode
involving a third source.

If the RX site has the noise even when the TX is off, it may not open
the squelch but is heard when a signal opens the RX squelch. If this
is true, it could be something local at the RX site and is just a
matter of locating the source.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "kb1we6r" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>