I would question that statement. If it's a remotely controlled station
(commonly called a Remote Base), it can operate anywhere. It's only the
CONTROL LINK that must be in an 'appropriate' band segment (or via
phone). SkyCommand is a good example of that. The remotely controled
station operates anywhere on HF.

In the case of a remote base on a repeater, the repeater frequencies
double as Auxiliary Frequencies and it is legally identical to
SkyCommand. The only difference is that both AUX frequencies are
duplexed in the same band.

There are simply too many clearly legal examples that contradict what
the ARRL guy said.

Joe M.