Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies on this, my curiousity about the pre amp is
based on my limited knowledge that you can't improve what you can't
already hear so I wasn't too sure how much benefit they actually give.
We are lucky in as much as our site has no other users and the nearest
UHF site is about 1/2 mile away with 410Mhz Tetra and TV. I had a
quick look on the Angle linear site for pre amps and notice they sell
complete duplexers as well, the spec looks excellent but I'm sure it
comes at a price! On this side of the pond there doesn't seem to be
much of a second hand market for commercial kit, for new stuff we've
got Procom, their website lists
http://www.profilant.net/uk/filter/13061800
which seems to BPBR and has more than adequate power handling, UK
repeaters are limited to a measly 25W ERP! I'll make some enquiries
about the Procom and meantime our groups technical guy has decided to
buy one of those Ebay items to see if it performs as stated with no
intention of using it on our repeater :)

Cheers

Paul