  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Off Topic (but with on topic
questions):NTIA propaganda

  Stations want to identify by their old channel #. They have spent years
telling you to tune to Channel 4 or what ever.
  The computer in your television set reading the digital code from the
stations will take the channel 4 information and translate it to the correct
UHF channel such as in Tucson Channel 23. This special code is called the PSIP
code and contains other information such as program playing and a TV guide for
that channel. Also a lot other info. It also tells the set if there is more
than one program stream such as 4-2 might be weather, 4-3 traffic cam etc.
Current equipment will allow up to 4 std def channels in one Hi Def space.
  Ralph
  From: MCH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>