I have a question about the DB base antennas such as the DB-224, DB-
420, etc. As most of you know they consist of folded dipole "trombones"
mounted on the mast at 90 degree angles with a phasing harness to
create a omnidirectional pattern. I have heard of pointing the
trombones all in one direction to create a "beam". My question is has
anyone pointed them in other directions? What I'd like to do is point
mine in roughly 120 degree slots, to go around downtown bulidings which
block the RF path due north, SW and E as we are located on a 40 story
builing in the middle of downtown which has taller buildings blocking
the aforementioned directions. Essentially what I want to do is "beam"
the signal in to the open "slots".

73 and Thanks,

Bernie Parker

K5BP