Couple of thoughts from one who is not to technically oriented.  1. Have you
tried putting any notch filters between the duplexer and rcvr. to notch the TX
freq. ?  2. Have you checked all of your cables and heliax connecters for
proper installation ?

I only ask this because I was having erratic performance and desense on a 440
rptr. and found some bad duplexer cable connector installations  when I started
wiggling and moving them around.  Another time while checking Fwd/Ref. power
and SWR on o 160' peice of 1/2" heliax that I thought was good (and getting
satisfactory readings on my Bird mtr.), I pulled the connectors of each end to
inspect them.   I found one connector had been improperly installed, the heliax
shield had been twisted inside the connector to the point where it was almost
touching the center conductor.  Even though there was no direct contact between
shield and the center conductor the RF on xmit. was desensing the rcvr. when
the xmtr. keyed up.   Reinstalling the bad cables and connectors solve the
desense problem for me.
--
Doug
N3DAB/WPRX486/WPJL709

---- Stu Benner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Our group has substantial technical knowledge and experience, but we've been
just about beaten down by a problem with our repeater. A brief overview of
our situation follows.

We have a 222 MHz repeater comprised of a converted Micor mobile, Telewave
TPRD-2254 BpBr duplexer, AM-6155 PA modified for class C operation at 250W,
and a DB-264JJ antenna at 80 ft. fed by 1/2' Heliax on a commercial FM
broadcast tower . With the duplexer terminated into a load, we have about 1
dB degradation in sensitivity when transmitting. However, with the antenna
connected to the duplexer, we experience in excess 15 dB of desensitization.
We have eliminated other narrowband transmitters and analog TV transmitters
as contributing factors. We are left with a channel 12 digital TV
transmitter at an adjacent site as a key contributor to the problem. Our
hypothesis is that we have broadband IMD products from the mix of our
transmitter and the DTV transmitter that are appearing in and near our
receiver passband. Is it a "rusty bolt" problem or is there some other
non-linear component somewhere on the site or in our system that is the
mixing point - we don't know.

I'd be interested in beginning a dialog with anyone who might be able to
give us some further insight into this problem.

Regards,
Stu Benner
W3STU
Boonsboro, MD