Hi Jed,

One might assume any newer generation of radio should be able to
operate digital coded squelch "DCS" (aka "DPL").

I wouldn't know about any discriminator audio availability from
that radio... I myself sell one of "the other brands" (Kenwood).

Don't expect the radio to output full power 24/7. As with many
mobile radios the heatsink will get warm/hot and with a bit of
luck the power protection circuit will then greatly reduce or
even cut off the rf output power.

So for many repeater applications... it's more than prudent to
run them on the low power setting and or place a fan/blower on
the heat sink and hope it stays cool in lock to talk operation.

Depending on the mass of the heatsink and the air movement past...
it's quite possible to pull off a fair amount of full power
operation before the protection circuit throws out the reduce
power anchor.

cheers,
skipp