Collins,

The Mot test set is basically a meter with a switch and of course the properly
wired cable to plug directly into the rig.  The test set also switches in the
correct resistor combinations to get proper movement.  Also the manual follows
and instructs based on the test set.

When tuning some instructions say tune for a dip.  Often these dips are slight,
barely seen.  After practice the tech gets use to this, but you should note
this.  Some see a small dip and ignor it, but it is what is tuned for.  Also
typical digital meters reaction is slow.  I find an old meter with analog meter
best if don't have test set.

What band and freq is your Mitrek on???

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: 2008/03/03 Mon PM 06:30:44 CST
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Mitrek tune up

>Dear Friends,
>Has anyone tuned a Mitrek receiver using the manual? I was wondering if
>this can be done using a standard uA meter? I have come to the
>measurements at point 6 and cannot get a reading. Maybe doing something
>wrong. I have overall netted a great increase in sensitivity from what
>I had before. This is a high split receiver so I am tuning right down
>to the bottom on the presets. Any help? Do I need to get the Motorola
>test set? Is it just a meter and some switches?
>Thanks, Collin

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS