This might sound too simplistic, after reading some of the other
polarized AC plug, not a grounded (3-pin) plug.  AND, along the same
lines, is the AC outlet grounded???  I've found several 3-
pin "grounded" outlets in our house that have only a 2 conductor
cable feeding them!!!  Might be worth a look.

If the TV is looking for a ground, and assuming the dish is properly
installed (grounded), then the TV might well use the coax shield as a
ground, and at that point the coax shield could potentially radiate
the Sony's internal noises right to the roof.  This would be easy
enough to check with a VOM and a cooperative owner.

Would it be possible to disconnect everything but power from the TV
and see what happens???  Not to get too radical here, but could you
perhaps wrap the TV in 'grounded' tin-foil for a couple of minutes
and see if that knocks the interference down to below your noise
threshold???  That would be quick and dirty, but it might well save
you a lot of grief in putzing around with someone else's TV.

Could you move the TV to a different foom for testing?  Or perhaps
run an extension cord and power it from a different outlet?  Just to
start crossing things off of the "list"...

What about taking a walkie to the TV and "snoop" your repeater input
frequency and try to localize the source of the noise?  You might get
lucky and be able to determine if the noise is going out via the AC
mains, or is actually being radiated from internal component that is
trying to be a 2-meter antenna.

73,

Dave.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "raritansailor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>