Mike said: "This sound like an un-necessary technical solution for
non-existent problem."

Unfortunately, this is not the case.  Having had family involved in
the medical profession (RN) I was told of several horror stories of
objects being left in patients, in one case resulting in the death of
the patient.  HOWEVER, based on the description of the device's use in
the application filed, I wonder why such a large chunk of spectrum is
being requested.  For such short-duration, enclosed use, I would think
that 0.5Mc or possibly even less would be more than sufficient to
accomplish their needs.  If they were to be assigned a band, say from
909.5 to 910.0 Mc., I would think that that would more than meet the
requirements for that type of application.  I also believe that this
type of argument would carry more weight in responses to the FCC.
That said, even if they get what they are asking for, I find it hard
to believe that this would produce much potential for interference
given the fact that it would be most likely used in a concrete and
steel building, the radiator would be highly inefficient and
directional, interrogation times would be very brief and overall usage
would not constitute prolonged periods of time.  It's reassuring that
people are keeping an eye on these things but this particular one does
one raise much concern in my own mind.
Tom KB5DPE

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Mike Morris WA6ILQ