-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ron Wright
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 7:56 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Need some help-Commercial related

Peter,

What type HTs do they have.  One does not see HTs with mWs except for
PRS, the small cheap radios in the 462 range.  So their HTs might have
power, 2-4 W, to cover the grounds.

As you proably know the UHF would get out of holes (hotel walls, etc)
better, but guess not an option.

Covering the 50 acres is no problem, covering from inside
rooms/hallways, etc can be.

I would try for a remoted base with roof antenna.  This will not improve
HT-HT coverage, would give someone better coverage which is probably
important...if the management can talk this often determines if the
system is working.  Few listen to the people who actually do the
work...way it is.

Another solution would be a repeater, low power, 10 W.  Mot has some
very good GR300 using couple of their Radius line rigs mounted in a box.
Since commerical would require 2 freq and if 5 MHz apart could use
mobile type duplexer.  All fits in a small 10w x 10d x 12h or so
including power supply.  The HTs would probably need to be reprogrammed
and the proper license obtained.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Peter Dakota Summerhawk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/03/08 Sat AM 09:18:11 CST
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Need some help-Commercial related

>Thehotel that I am contracted for has just spent $50 million for a
renovation buthas already bought new VHF radios, believe mw when I
suggested that they go toUHF they balked at the idea of having to buy
new radios as part of therenovation was the new handhelds sold to them
by a different company in townthat assured them that the new radios
would cover the 50 some odd acres ofproperty that they own. So its up to
me now to get thethings in order to get a system that works for the
least money.