About any Ham vintage rig made in last 15 years is not good for a repeater.  On
the receiver the clue is it has broad band receive.  Some receivers have some
tuning geared to the rcv freq, but very little.  It is radically different than
a rcvr with helical front end filter that has to be tuned if moving more couple
MHz.

The Ham repeaters are also a problem.  The clue here is just connect a computer
and set freq to one at DC to light range...well like for VHF, 134-174 MHz.  The
front ends must be designed to accept this and they do no matter what your op
freq is.

The other problem is the TX spurious emissions of only down 60 db.  This noise
then requires a 6 cavity duplexer or 100 db notch to make work well.  Sure it
works today, but what about next week when the weather changes.  A good TX like
a Micor or GE MII will have this at 80+ db range.  Now a real good one like the
Mot MSF5000 at 120 db.

The type acceptance thing is another, but important issue.  The type acceptance
issue is why certain rigs are not allowed in certain places.  This is one.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS