Yes, it can.  Type acceptance is for the TX although there are some part 15
that about anything with an oscillator must meet.  Most all electronic equip is
Part 15 accept.  It deals mostly with low level specs.

It is the TX that is most looked at.

I would say most all Radio Shack and others scanners are not type accepted, but
do meet Part 15.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: lenaw12 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/03/24 Mon PM 07:40:11 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Using Alinco DR-605 Dual Band Mobiles for
>Repeater

>Can a Receiver be "not Type Accepted" for GMRS?
>
>LW
>
>--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ron _ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Front end is too broad and not legal for GMRS......
>>

>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:14:05
>+0000Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Using Alinco DR-605 Dual Band Mobiles
>for Repeater
>>

>> I am wondering if anyone has experience with setting up two of
>theseradios to work as a GMRS Repeater? We are experimenting with the
>ideaof setting one up in our small town.Will I need a simple
>controller or interface of some type that may bereadily available?Any
>help in the correct direction would be appreciated!Thanks!Brian/WB2JIX

>> Watch "Cause Effect," a show about real people making a real
>difference.  Learn more.
>> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_watchcause

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575