>From the "Better late than never" department, next
time you have to move the station, don't put it face
down in the truck! Those switches come in two
versions: long handle and short handle, and they're
very vulnerable to being pushed in and broken, as
you've found out.

The best solution is to replace the switch. It may not
be available from Motorola any more, and that would
make things very difficult. The switch itself is
simply on/off/momentary, but the mounting style used
by Motorola makes it hard to find. Call Motorola Parts
ID and let them get you a current part number, then
you can buy it from them and replace it. Probably will
cost around $10 plus s&h and the time to change it.

Other than that, you could try using some duct tape to
hold the switch in a position where everything will
still work, but this isn't an optimal solution.

Bob M.
======
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their help.  I opened
> everything up today...  The VCOs
> were locked- so I unlocked them.  I did find the
> problem.  The accessory
> disable/reset switch seems to be malfunctioning.
> There are no longer 3 positions
> on the switch.  It stays in acc disable- I can
> "hold" the switch in the middle
> and the repeater works great!  Any ideas?
>
> Bill

Access, No Cost.