Does anybody know of schematics for RIB-less cables?
I'm trying to find out which pin(s) they use to get
power from the serial port to operate the circuitry
built into the DB9 connector body.

I've got a couple that seem to be dead on two
computers but run fine on another one and I suspect
some very slight differences in the serial port
configurations when the machines are booted up.

If you have links for such schematics, just post those
rather than the entire image which won't make it
through Yahoo's e-mail system.

Thanks.

Bob M.

Access, No Cost.