Skipp,

I see some dealers at Hamfest with high prices.  The ones I know go mainly to
meet other dealers and people with commercial gear.  They are not really there
to sell things except at commercial pricing.  They are real wheelers and
dealers.

MSR2000s, VHF & UHF, are popping up all over for $300-400.  There were a number
at the Orlando Hamfest last Feb.  Very good radio and worth this price.  I
think it is the best going for a Ham repeater.  Like the Micor use to be and
really still is.  MSF5000 would be the next upgrade choice.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: skipp025 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/04/19 Sat PM 01:34:05 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Dayton whale tales 101

>Re: Dayton whale tales 101
>
>I've noticed a guy selling surplus commercial radio
>gear at Dayton pretty much every year I've attended.
>A few years back the mentioned surplus Dealer had a
>large surplus Motorola MSR-2000 Repeater for sale out
>front of his flea market area.
>
>I was side-tracked and never made it back to try and
>make a deal for that box. I missed buying the repeater
>the first year I noticed it.
>
>Whoa..! the following year the same guy in the same
>place had much the same gear for sale. He didn't want
>to budge much on what I thought was a pretty high asking
>price. I figured I'd come back on Sunday and to try and
>make a better deal.  He closed up his booth and left
>before I was able to return from my Hamvention Duties.
>
>:-(
>
>Year #3, he's still in the same location and guess what..?
>That surplus MSR-2000 repeater is still out front at the
>same high price. By that time I've been able to find
>other surplus MSR-2000 gear so I'm no longer a serious
>buyer for retail prices.
>
>I missed year #4 (last year) but I'm looking forward to
>visiting with my old friend to see if he's now willing
>to make a deal in year #5.
>
>cheers,
>s.
>
>ps: Just think of how much gas that guy has spent moving
>that box 2 States over to Dayton each year. Not to mention
>the other 3 surplus micor repeaters around it...

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS
Owner 146.64 repeater Tampa Bay, FL