I finally got a new connector and jumper cable installed last week on a
repeater that has been out of service for several months.  The hard line and
jumper had been cut with an ax and removed for scrap copper.  It has taken me
this long to find a connector for the hard line.  They climbed a chain link
fence with barb wire on top to get to the tower, and also removed the signaling
wires to the switches (railroad) for the scrap copper value.

But even this vandalism does not touch the RG-58 jumper in the picture -

73 - Jim  W5ZIT

Jeff Kincaid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                             Here's a
link to a photo I made during a recent service call.  Someone
 has cut the Heliax to our UHF receive antenna and spliced a piece of
 RG-58 to it.  Seriously, if you're going to hijack an antenna, at
 least you could spring for a lousy connector!

 http://www.lafn.org/~jeffk/CoaxSpliceSm.jpg

 Jeff W6JK