This painting of antennas seems to be on many of our minds.

Wonder what the antenna manufactures would recommend or what they use if any???
 After you get beyond the sales person who swears their products are rock solid
and don't need painting or additional protection then you might get someone who
would give some info.

I would hope they would have done testing for anything they recommend, both SWR
and pattern and signal.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Chuck Kelsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/05/04 Sun AM 08:52:31 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: antenna question - Dip It and Scotch Kote
>and Krylon

>Funny you should mention Krylon... although I haven't done so in recent
>years, I used to Krylon (clear) all antennas and never had a problem. I
>forgot all about that until your mention of it. And they were mostly UHF
>antennas - beams and folded dipoles. Go figure.
>
>Chuck
>WB2EDV

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575