Wayne wrote:
>   Why is it that it seems to be hard to locate the updated part 97.201
> other than on the ARRL web site?
>   I searched and searched but only came up with the older version till I
> searched on the ARRL site.

Because most hams who have websites are clueless that Part 97 ever
changes.  And personal websites are boring to maintain, after seeming
"fun" at first.

(There's a lot of crappy neglected websites out there, including mine.
GRIN...)

They copied down "some version" a long time ago and never update it,
instead of linking to someone who has a vested interest in having their
site up to date, like ARRL or -- oh yeah, the FCC themselves.   :-)

Which means they kinda missed the whole design goal of hypertext and
linking in the first place...

Nate WY0X