I am actually working on this, this weekend. I am going to set the
WX alert to interupt all traffic, but, use a simple * to shut it up,
also since I can now tell weather it is a watch, warning, or
statement from the alarm inputs, I may let a statement or watch get
recorded and played when there is a break and only let warnings
break in.

Still working out the details. My main concern in South Florida is
tornados and severe T-storms, most else, like hurricanes we already
know are coming.

When I get it working I can post a summary of what I did for all to
see if someone would think it would be worth it.

Rob - KS4EC

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Besemer \(WM4B\)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Depending on the circumstances, we'll probably turn the receiver
off during
> a weather net and let the net control pass the info on.  OTOH,
it'd be easy
> enough to switch in a voltage divider to allow two different audio
levels.

> P.S.  The club may be passing the hat to buy a WX-200 from CAT
instead of
> going the cheaper route.  We've had good luck with the membership
doing this
> before and it keeps the club budget intact.
>

> Mike
>
> WM4B

Kelsey
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:34 PM
> > To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Weather Receivers - follow up
> >

> > It will transmit the NOAA radio for the duration, unless you
> shorten the length with your controller.
> >

> > Chuck

Mullarkey
> > Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 5:59 PM
> > To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Weather Receivers - follow up
> >

> > Mike,
> >

> > If your controller has the ability to use speaker audio take it
> off the external pc connection and run that into the receiver
input of
> the controller. I have not opened my unit yet so not sure where the
> discriminator connection would be. The ext alert works great for
the
> COS input.
> >

> > Mike Mullarkey (K7PFJ)

> > From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
> [mailto:Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Besemer
> (WM4B)
> > Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 2:03 PM
> > To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Weather Receivers - follow up
> >

> > Where are you grabbing audio from, Chuck? My original thought
> was to pull it off the volume pot.
> >

> > Mike
> >
> > WM4B
> >

> > From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>

You