Thanks Eric; I feel more comfortable with my plan now.

Mark - N9WYS

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Eric Lemmon

Mark,

I assume that Celwave uses a network analyzer when setting the coupling
loops, and tweaks them for maximum return loss at the pass frequency.  I
have never tried to do this myself, since I seldom use or tune mobile-type
notch duplexers.

A network analyzer has no peer for tuning duplexers or ferrite isolators.  A
pass hump is rather vague and broad when viewed on a spectrum analyzer, but
is a very sharp and prominent dip when viewed as return loss on a network
analyzer.  Before I got my network analyzer, I used an Eagle return-loss
bridge.  Although it (the Eagle RLB) is a bit cumbersome to use, it is well
worth its cost when the return-loss function is not needed on a daily basis.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY