Joe wrote:
> Hello Groupies,
>
> I had this question posed to me and I am looking for your opinions.  The
> question below has been edited to protect the innocent....2 meter
> repeater......
>
> 73, Joe, K1ike
> ========================
> I have a technical question with which I need assistance........
> repeater has been at the water tower site, with the antennas on the
> water tower........After some consideration, the town has requested that
> we not return to the tower. ..... They have offered instead to install a
> seventy foot pole (telephone pole) for our use.

<snip for brevity>

I don't think you will see that much of an effect from the tank at 20'
away or more. There may be some, but probably not or barely noticeable.

The BIG issue is that you NEED to make sure you have LARGE (#0 or
larger) ground wire bonded to the antenna mount, and running neatly
straight down the pole. If the town won't let you do that, or offer to
do it themselves, LEAVE!