Hi All,

Just curious if anyone here has used a wide-band oscilloscope (along
with a signal source, of course) for duplexer and/or filter tuning?

I use an older Tektronix 7904 500mhz scope along with an HP 8640B
Signal Generator and it works great. I can't really measure filter
response, but I can see amplitude changes both large and small very
well, which allows for quite precise tuning. I've tuned a couple of
pass/notch type duplexers and several notch-only units with this setup
and they all work nicely.

Anyway, wonder if anyone else does this and general comments on the
technique. Thanks!

- Darrell/KA7BTV