Doesn't Texas Towers and other such vendors sell heavy-duty aluminum mast
tubing?  Why not try there?

Mark - N9WYS

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of n3dab

For anyone looking for a DB mast to mount their dipoles and harness
on, check out all you commercial radio shops for damaged or pulled DB
antennas.  Don't worry about what band they are on - all you wan't is
the mast anyway.  DB's are sleeved internally at the center joint
with exposed ends of the upper and lower mast sections being cut at a
45 degree angle.  The sleeve is secured in the top mast section and
slides into the bottom section about a foot.  the top and bottom are
secured together with 2 SS hose clamps.  The base is also sleeved
internally for clamp reinforcement.

Another source would be a metal fabricator or aluminum supplier and
purchase a 20' section of 1 3/4" 0r 2" heavywall aluminum tube and
mount your dipoles on it. Wall thickness should be 1/8" thick minimum
top to bottom.  If you can also pick up a 24" long section of tube to
slip up into the bottom to reinforce the clamping area all the better.

Doug  N3DAB

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Cicirello" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Ron,
>
> Thanks for the mounting information. I also lack the DB224 Mast
that the four dipoles mount on. From my research the original is two
pieces about twelve feet long that I believe bolt together, the
diameter I have not been able to find. From the ones I have seen the
mounting pole is quite robust. Do you have any pole stock that you
could recommend that would hold the DB224 on a side mount
configuration? As I recall although the mast was very rigid, it was
quite lightweight.