I'd go with more like 6 or 10 dB.  The return loss of a pad is equal to
twice its insertion loss, so if you use a 6 dB pad, the worst-case return
loss would be 12 dB (i.e. if the pad were open or shorted at the far end).
This 12 dB plus whatever the return loss is of the device under test (which,
we would hope, is 14 dB or more, i.e. 1.5:1 VSWR) should keep you close
enough to 50 ohms.  Not only will this extra padding help insure that all of
the ports on the duplexer are properly terminated with something close to 50
ohms, but it will also help avoid false readings that can occur when the
level of the signal generator output varies depending on the load Z.  I
don't know how many times I've seen filters that were "peaked for max" that
were quite a ways out of tune because of this very reason...

                                                --- Jeff WN3A