Steve,

The only reference I can find is 95.29(f)(1) that states the GMRS transmissions
must be voice type, but no reference yes or no to analog vs digital.  I find no
place does it state one can only use 16F3 analog, but still it must be voice.

The only catch is are your P25 radios type accepted for GMRS.  I am sure the
rigs say 450-474 MHz, but this does not always mean type accepted for some
services.  One case was using a Micor in the Marine freq.  The VHF Micor did
not meet freq tol then (not sure about now for there are lots of $100 boat rigs
on the market).  I think the hang up was Micors could run 110 W and there was a
limit of 50 W on Marine band.

I am sure your P25 rigs will meet all GMRS specs, not hard to do when a typical
Radio Shack GMRS radio cost $40 new, hi, but might be a problem.  Not sure.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/07/02 Wed AM 01:35:38 EDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] GMRS and P25 Question

>I have a question if someone might be able to awnser it grate .
>
>I am getting ready to Setup a GMRS Repeater . However the Repeater that
>I would be using is a P25 Digital / Analog Repeater . I was wondering
>if P25 Astro Digital Can be Used on the GMRS Band ? I have called the
>FCC About my Question and with no Awnser to my Question . Anyone on the
>Group have any Ideas ?  There is nothing in the Rules for GMRS About
>P25 Digital Voice . Let me know , Thanks .
>
>Steve .

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS