  From: John Transue
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:38 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Cables on Duplexer

  Bob,

  I don't have a way to measure this accurately on the receive side, but just
using a signal generator and my ear, there appears to be about a 2 dB loss in
the duplexer.

  On the transmit side, using a transmitter and Bird power meter, there is a 2
dB loss in the duplexer. Power in: 94 w; power out: 60 w. Reflected: 2 w.

  I don't have a good way to measure the isolation, but using a distant
transmitter, that transmitter had to use about 2 w when the repeater
transmitter was on and only 1 w when the repeater transmitter was off. It
appeared to me that we were getting a little de-sensing.

  The motivation for this re-tuning of the duplexer is that the repeater
doesn't hear as well as it used to, according to users. I am not concerned
about losing a couple dB on the TX side. I am hoping, though, that a re-tuning
will decrease the de-sensing and, perhaps, add a slight increase in sensitivity.

  The system does have a pre-amp that appears to give about 4 dB of gain.

  I look forward to your suggestions.

  John