At 11:58 PM 2008-07-12 +0000, Tom wrote:

While I did not originate this messge or have any previous part in
it's distribution, I can only wonder, Terry, if your attitude about it
might be a little different if it's contents pertained to one of those
little boys clinging to your shoulders in your picture on QRZ. The
fact that it's two years old only adds to the desperation those
parents must be feeling over this. Don't forget, you are a living
being first (even if it is only a human) and a ham second (or third or
fourth or tenth). You would do well to try to show some compassion in
that, seemingly, miserable life of yours.

Whoa. Disagree with a person that's fine. However personal attacks such as using terms like "miserable life of yours" are unacceptable.

That said the original poster should've check snopes.com or other similar sites or just done a quick search on the girl's name. When you read the story the girl was in the company of a man who was the boyfriend of the girls aunt and legal guardian and who apparently committed suicide. Thus the chances of the girl being alive are vanishingly small.

And the posting was off topic for this mailing list.

Tony