breakers are ratedat '80%'

it's not the wire or outlets  that determine load allowed, but (breaker rating)
x 80%

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Wright
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:07 PM
  Subject: Re: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: RadioShack Recalls Power Supplies

  Eric,

  Question about the outlets. Is the only reason one cannot get more than 12
amp from a 15 amp outlet is the rules so if one is designing a power system if
more than 12 amps is required one has to put in 20 amp outlet to meet code???

  I would think one could get 15 amps due to the breaker able to handle it or
are 15 amp breakers designed to trip at just above 12 amps???

  73, ron, n9ee/r

  Ron Wright, N9EE
  727-376-6575
  MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS