DCFluX wrote:
> It is not Triax, I generally refer to this connector as 'Security
> BNC'. Had one in the junk box and put it on a cable and it then I
> discovered they were incompatible when I went to put it on the radio.

There are quite a few Agilent / HP (and other mfgs) instruments that use
a triax BNC as shown in the referenced Amphenol link. A couple examples are:
HP-4140B Picoammeter / Source.
HP 4155C Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer

<http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/triax.asp?N=0&sid=48867480942E17F&;>

The triax connectors and cables are used to allow an inner conductor, a
guard shield (or floating return), and an outer shield. This is about
the only effective way of making accurate fA measurements (especially in
a semi noisy lab environment).

If you have an instrument with a triax BNC connector on it, and you
measure from the outer metal to the inner gold shield, they are not
connected as in a 'normal' BNC.

Ed Yoho
W6YJ
(coming up on 40 years in the semiconductor test field - sigh, must be
getting old)