Bob,
Point well taken and thank you.
If I were to change the seperation to 1mhz and get the duplexer
retuned would that provide enough isolation? I guess my question is
will the duplexers work ok with a different band split?
Thanks,
Gary K2ACY

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> As someone else mentioned, 77dB is nowhere near enough isolation,
especially at 600 kHz spacing. You need at least 90dB with double-
shielded coax between the duplexer and radios. As with so many other
things in life, more is better. This also translates to more bucks.

> You may need a six-cavity duplexer, depending on the design, to get
that kind of isolation, especially with that spacing. One more cavity
on each side could give you enough isolation, but with a bit more
insertion loss.

> I think you should have done some reading, homework, and question-
asking before buying that duplexer.