  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MCH
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 12:59 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Registered Sex Offenders

In the USA, anyone can sue anyone at any time for any reason.

They don't have to even have a valid case to file a suit. Granted, it
won't 'go far', and they will most likely lose (unless you get a judge

who likes to make law rather than interpret it), but they can still
file
against you.

So, while you are correct about the fact that under FCC rules you can
restrict anyone from using your station, he is correct that they can
file suit even though you're completely in the right.

In fact, it's more likely your FRRL could get sued for holding
meetings
at a location that is inaccessible by the offender. It would seem to
be
the same basis as the handicapped have used for years to successfully
sue places that were not accessible to them, and while you can legally

prevent someone from using your transmitter, there is less grounds for

excluding someone from a social club such as the FRRL.

While I can sympathize with your situation, read the first line of
this
post.

Personally, I've only banned one person from my repeaters, and it was
because they willfully interfered with other operators (and were cited

by the FCC for doing so).

Joe M.