The mfgrs spec said 2% band-width, which is about 800KHz
at 40 MHz. Hopefully the application doesn't require your
moving around much in the band.

Probably better to find a decent design (and constructed)
CB Antenna to use and the mod to bring it up to 10 meters
is relatively easy. Some of the combo CB and bootleg (free-band)
CB band antennas are made to operate well into the 10 meter
band.

 and...
I though most Beacon Antennas were horizontally polarized.

Reaching back into memory lane... you could search for information
on a 10/11 Meter Squallow Antenna, which is a horizontally
polarized omni design. I believe M2 (M-Squared) makes a 10
meter horizontal omni... I know they make a 6 meter Horizontal
omni.

If you go omni, I could provide you with some information
to make your own horizontal omni loop. Just lifting (direct
steal) of the old AEA, Squallow or M2 layouts if you're
motivated. Otherwise you're off to the races using what you
already have in hand.

cheers,
s.