-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John W. Springman III
- KB3AWQ
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 9:12 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Diamond X-50 NA

I use the X50A (same thing just N type connector) on the W3AHS-R repeater
here in Williamsport, PA.  I have used it since 2001 with no problems, in
fact I have 2 of them up there and the 440 Link radio also shares it and
have not had any problems.  It is mounted on the roof of the high school
which sit on top of a hill about 1000 ft.
elev.  I know another guy who has used it for an APRS digi up on the 2,000
ft Williamsport Bald Eagle mountain even before that and it is still
holding. As far as the gain.  Yeah its a little low but for UHF its a little
higher.  I have talked mobile to Laporte, base stations in Hazleton, mobile
to Mill Hall and even on Route 80 at the Clinton/Centre County line and
about 20 miles to the south (good ol 2000 ft mountain in the way).  I guess
you can see what I think of it.

73
John KB3AWQ