Eric,
I just swap the modules from a Mobile into the station PA heatsink if
I have one die. They are the same modules, different heatsink.

I have found that if you back down the last output stage of the
exciter a little, the tripler and first stage of the PA is much
happier and the PA's will last a lot longer during our hour long plus
nets. Doing this I am still able to get well over 75 Watts out of the
PA, but DON'T DO IT. 75 WATTS MAX.

The other question I have, is have you been retuning the tripler and
circulator? If not, that could be where part of your problems are
coming from.

Good Luck,
Joe - WA7JAW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> I've been meaning to postabout a similar project, and this prompts
me to ask - have you done this to "rebuild" a UHF amp?

> I have several dead TLD-1713 UHF 75w PAs, and need a good PA or two
at the moment. Rather than messing with trying to find Moto
transistors, caps, and Z-matches, I was thinking of stripping the
heatsink down, buying two Mxxxxx UHF 40-50w modules, and trying to
combine them.

> I was curious as to how they would hold up under continuously linked
repeater duty....

> Can you provide some more details on the 'Wilkinson" power dividers?
 I have experience with HF torroid combiners/splitters, but UHF is
another animal altogether.  Do you sell them with the boards?

> Is it as simple as mounting the two modules (and the supporting RB
circuit boards), the combiner/splitters, and wiring it all up?