Thanks for the reply/suggestion. A stud mount of greater current
rating may be the way to go. I could just drill out of the existing
mounting holes and use the stud mount and a nut/washer combo.

However, after googling till my eyes fell asleep, I found a few
sources on the web for the original diode - which turns out to be a
1N3492R. So that takes care of the diodes -

Now, on to the caps.  I mistyped last evening, as they are 17500uf
and not 27000uf.  Not as much luck, but I did find one supplier
listing NOS Moto numbered caps on their web site. I requested
pricing. Depending on the price, I will either buy them or retrofit a
newer style cap.

Eric
KE2D

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Captainlance
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> THE DIODES CAN BE REPLACED WITH 1N1191A, THEY ARE "REVERSE"
POLARITY, AND CAN BE SCREWED DIRECTLY TO THE CHASSIS. I HAVE USED
THEM MANY TIME WITH GREAT LUCK... AND THEY HANDLE LOTS MORE CURRENT
THAN THE FACTORY ONES DO.
> LANCE N2HBA
ID