I think you're probably right.  I found a source for the OEM caps at
$9 each, but may I'm better off just fabricating some sort of
mounting mechanism and using newer style caps.

Rather than using 2 17500uf either side of the chokes and four after
the last choke, could I just use one 40,000uf or so either side, and
two 40,000 after the last choke?   Unless I'm forgetting something,
more capacitance can't hurt, no?

Eric
KE2D

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The problem with buying NOS caps is that they might have been new
in 1980. They've been sitting on the shelf for all this time, and
might not be much better than what you have now (unless yours are
shorted).

> Bob M.
> ======

ID