Bob M. wrote:

> He was into the hard rock stuff in the 80s and his hearing has been poor
> since then.

Huh?  What'd you say?!

In my old age, I'll come by my hearing loss honestly...

Even with protection, Lycoming and Continental enginees and slipstream
noise inside a "spam can" from Cessna, Piper, Mooney, or anyone else...
is bloody loud.

David Clark "head-clamps" help.  The "noise canceling" varieties are
nice, but I don't have those -- and I have been reading where they
provide a very false sense of security, since the sound pressure inside
the earcups is still as high or higher than outside, the system's just
canceling out the waves with out of phase ones.

Anyone have any insight into how a canceled wave still has the ability
to exert pressure?  Odd.

And then of course there's also a bit of that accursed evil "rock and
roll" in my life... I try to keep it turned down, but every once in a
while you just have to go with ... I hear if you mix it with a little
Chopin and Bach, it all works out okay in the end.  (GRIN)

"If it's too loud, you're too old!"

Rock on,

Nate WY0X

(It's always such a debate... listen to the same old conversation on the
local repeaters again, flip over to the HF bands, or fire up the iPod
cable equipped stereo in the Jeep for the 27 mile drive home...
sometimes any of the above can lead to "quality entertainment"... ha!
But you gotta have a variety with a commute like mine!  AudioBooks
ripped into the iPod and Podcasts also help pass the time.  Yawn... oh,
was I supposed to be driving.  Someone wake me up.  The Jeep's on
autopilot... George is flying.)