From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] LMR-400 Cable

Tom,

With 65 feet of cable, your feed line is very close to a resonant length at
6 m.  Actually
about 3 wavelengths.  If you have enough extra coax length, try winding some
of it into
a coil and see if that reduces your desense problem.  Also, make sure your
antenna is
a good impedance match to your transmitter/duplexer impedance.

A 6-cavity duplexer on 6 m has to be a HUGE duplexer and I suspect that's
where your
problem is.  You have to have a VERY precisely tuned duplexer that provides
at least
85 dB of isolation between the XMTR and the RCVR.

73,

Dick W1NMZ