Thanks to all that replied with suggestions for my linking problem. With
all the answers you gave I was able to resolve the problem. The first
mistake was in one radio I forgot to put a load across the speaker
connections as I wasn't using one. ( the other radio I did. must have been
one of those late night deals). Once I did that the hum went away but the
audio was very disorted from the link to main port. Took the audio off
speaker hi and connected it to vol arm.  Problem solved and now sounds as it
should. Now if it ever stops raining it will be back to the hill to
reinstall at the site.

  Once again it's amazing the wealth of information you can get from the
repeater builder group!

  Thanks agian,

  Mike KA2NDW