What type PA are you referring to ?  UHF or VHF ?  Model No. ?

The power control Bd on the UHF has 2 pots for setting the output level.  Make
sure they are clean (contact cleaner and rotating back and forth while
spraying)  The left one, as you face the rptr. sets the upper limit of the
power level (by regulation the max, current to the PA), the second one allows
you to vary the out put power with in the preset limits.  This is apparently a
Motorola safety feature.   If your having the same problem with 2 Bds. then
most likely it is not  bad boards.

Next item would be to open up the PA and reflow/resolder the solder at all the
power transisters legs (these have a tendency to develope cold joints or
de-solder themselves over time from heat and age. also flow fresh solder along
all the power traces between the transisters to insure they are not cracked,
corroded or causing a high resistance.   Look for any other damage to component
and touch up all the connections you can with the soldering iron.

I belive the VHF Micor is basically the same except on the PA the traces
between the pwr transisters are not as exposed and as long as on the UHF PA.  I
did the above to my UHF Micor that had dropped down to about 60w max. and the
Max. output jumped to about 112W, but I turned it back to 75W.

If that doesn't help then.  Maybe someone else out there has a suggestion or
two.   If I made any incorrect statements i'm sure someone will correct them
for you also.
--
Doug
N3DAB/WPRX486/WPJL709

---- georgiaskywarn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Ok.  Let's look at this then.
I have no power control from the Power Control Board.  Can't turn it
up or down.  Tried 2 different boards as well.

1) Ideas?

2) Don't have the schematic in front of me....but can't find the caps
on the schematics I have...listed from the below web site.

Thanks,
Robert

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Glaenzer"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "there is no 100 watt Micor amp"
>
> without qualifiers, that is a pretty broad statement............
>
> Gary

Control Board

>   The PA is only factory rated at 78 watts...there is no 100 watt
Micor amp. Some however, will do 100...
>   Lance N2HBA
Board