TLE 8331A is listed as 406 to 420 MHz.  TLE 8333A is 450 to 470 MHz.   Not sure
how far you can move out of the rated range for the 8331A but I don't have any
problem with the 8333A moving down to 442 MHz.   They are both rated at 75W but
in the operating range can probably be tweeked to a higher level. Others can
add more info. on this as I'm just a tinkerer, not a Pro.   If your getting
75W+/- out of it now that is probably all you will get trying to move it out of
band 20 to 25 mhz.  If you cant change the output level then you need to look
at the Pots, try jumpering them or replacing them.   Check around at the HF
this weekend and see if you can locate a Micor manual.
--
Doug
N3DAB/WPRX486/WPJL709

---- georgiaskywarn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
*I think* this is the number (UHF btw)(Repeater Continuous Duty)
TLE8331A

Getting ready to try some of the things listed below.  Let you know
what I find out.
Robert
KD4YDC

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What type PA are you referring to ?  UHF or VHF ?  Model No. ?
>
> The power control Bd on the UHF has 2 pots for setting the output
level.  Make sure they are clean (contact cleaner and rotating back
and forth while spraying)  The left one, as you face the rptr. sets
the upper limit of the power level (by regulation the max, current to
the PA), the second one allows you to vary the out put power with in
the preset limits.  This is apparently a Motorola safety feature.   If
your having the same problem with 2 Bds. then most likely it is not
bad boards.

> Next item would be to open up the PA and reflow/resolder the solder
at all the power transisters legs (these have a tendency to develope
cold joints or de-solder themselves over time from heat and age. also
flow fresh solder along all the power traces between the transisters
to insure they are not cracked, corroded or causing a high resistance.
  Look for any other damage to component and touch up all the
connections you can with the soldering iron.

> I belive the VHF Micor is basically the same except on the PA the
traces between the pwr transisters are not as exposed and as long as
on the UHF PA.  I did the above to my UHF Micor that had dropped down
to about 60w max. and the Max. output jumped to about 112W, but I
turned it back to 75W.

> If that doesn't help then.  Maybe someone else out there has a
suggestion or two.   If I made any incorrect statements i'm sure
someone will correct them for you also.