Gang,
New to MSF-5000's. Great piece of hardware. But more used to working with GE
Mastr II's. Have an MSF-5000 repeater we're trying to get going on VHF. Have
experimented with both the on-board controller stand alone as well as off
board CAT. Several ee-pots to adjust in the software setting output audio
levels, but none specific to just PL encode level. We got it adjusted for 5
KHz output deviation, but noticed the PL encode deviation is a little high
at about 900 Hz. I usually like to see around 600 to 750 Hz. I couldn't find
in the manuals anywhere what Moto spec'd PL deviation at for the MSF-5000.
Looks like the PL level is a fixed percentage without an independent output
level adjust. Probably something we are doing wrong in setting levels, but
wanted to get some feedback from the group.
Thanks in advance!
Ralph W4XE