I do remember a little about the radios they used on the series. The "Orange
Box duplex radio was the original Motorola adventure into the medical telemetry
function. It consisted of an HT220 used as an exciter, and a PA out of a micor
mobile low power unit. The receiver was straight out of the micor also. It has
a "limited production" VCO that is fed from a differential amplifier that
amplifies the typical 50mv signal retreived from the skin surface from heart
activity and the amplified voltage feeds the variable VCO which modulates the
EKG signal acrosss the air. It also has what we called "micky mouse mux" so
that the audio from the ekg AND FROM VOICE (LESS THE 400 TO 500 hZ)