And don't forget it can be battery operated devices, like laptops, iPods, CD
players, etc.

Something is getting turned on and you need to play detective. I once had to
investigate a "line noise" issue that turned out to be the owner's new DVD
player.

Chuck
WB2EDV

  An old trick - if the on-time changes about 6 minutes a day then it's
light-dependent (i..e a photo-electric triggered yard light).

  In your shoes I'd power the radio from a gell-cell,
  and then go flip breakers off one at a time.
  That will tell you if the noise source is inside
  the house, and if so, on which breaker.

  Mike WA6ILQ