Our 6-meter machine in Springfield, MO had an issue with a "noise" on the RX
side.  RX on 51.570 with TX RX duplexers and a dual cavity TX RX 11-18-06
bandpass filter on the front end, and we were getting a "gurgling" type
noise.  If we didn't run a PL, the squelch would hang open until the
repeater shut down.  The problem only seemed to occur after about 4 p.m. and
usually went away around 9 or 10 at night.

We were determined not to install the repeater at the final site until we
could make sure that there was not a problem with the repeater.  After a
couple weeks of checking and double checking and and looking for
interference, we finally found it . . . .

It was an Apex 24" TV!  Shutting it off resovled the problem.

You just never know when it's 6-meters!  Lots of noise out there, but,
that's part of the fun, too, is the extra challenges of putting up a 6-meter
machine.

--
James Adkins, KB0NHX

District 1 Technical Field Engineer
Troop A--Lee's Summit; Troop H--St. Joseph
Missouri State Highway Patrol
504 SE Blue Parkway  Lee's Summit, MO  64063
816-622-0707 ext. 235
417-840-5261 (Cell)

"I'm James Adkins and I approve this message"