I've got a different problem -

1) the folks that had this mobile home before me "burned" this
address as far as the coupon database is concerned (I can't
get coupons at this address).

2) They won't send them to a PO box.

3) The post office forwards my old address, but I can't use
it - the envelopes have a DO NOT FORWARD stamp on them.

4) I can't use my work address, as the address database
knows that it's a business.

5) All of my friends are getting boxes using their addresses - they
want the extra box for hacking purposes (nobody has a spare coupon).

6) According to the NAB SmartBrief newsletter for January 6, 2009 the
coupon folks have run out of DTV coupons and have started a waiting list.

>As of Sunday, the U.S. government had run out of the $40 coupons that
>can be used to buy converter boxes for the DTV transition. A huge
>spike in requests in December -- when the government anticipated about
>4 million requests but received 7.2 million -- now means new
>coupon-seekers have to be put on a waiting list. According to a report
>in National Journal's CongressDaily, the coupon shortfall stems from
>NTIA's reliance on estimates from the Consumer Electronics Association
>and Nielsen Media Research, as opposed to the higher estimate made by NAB.

For info on the National Association of Broadcasters SmartBrief see
<http://www.smartbrief.com/nab>

Anybody else have suggestions / recommendations / warnings
about what brand of box to buy or to avoid ?

Mike WA6ILQ