Ok, I promised not to post anymore on this, but you'll like this one.

I said in a previous post I was going to a potential client to look at a job
today where they have tennants who are plugging their DTV converter boxes into
the house antenna system and not receiving the channels, and another company
recommended a "digital" amplifier to solve the problem.

Well, I went. Here is a photo of the head end of one of the 88 unit buildings:

http://www.waldofar.net/88_unit_head_end_web.jpg

I believe the appropriate caption is "Well, there's your problem!"

Fun Fun. Notes on this-

1. Its a VHF only in house antenna system with 2 UHF channels re-modulated on
to channels 4 & 8. Wonder why DTV didn't work?

2. See the tan box on the wall with the red/black sticker- an amplifier-? You
are tempted to think this is hanging by one mount. I will tell you the reality
is it is mounted securely at that angle.

My guess is our proposal will be too much......

Enjoy!

Tom
W9SRV